We know this is a difficult time and there is no place you would rather be than on the court or field with your team. I wanted to provide you and your team with some tips and tricks I’ve been doing with my son, TJ, to stay healthy, active and sports-ready while at home.
We are going to be back out competing at some point, and I believe we can come out stronger with the right mentality, the “Mamba Mentality.” You can watch my video message below (taken from my iPhone at home) and read the recap below:
Focus on Nutrition to Build Your Immune System
Obviously home-cooked meals are the focus right now. The key is ensuring your body is getting the right vitamins, nutrition and staying hydrated. Below are simple daily nutrition approaches I’ve been focused on for myself and my son, TJ, during this time at home:
- Taking daily vitamins: Vitamin C, Zinc, B-12, D-3
- Staying Hydrated: Water, water, water, veggie juices, orange juice
- Cooking smartly with three-balanced meals a day
Daily Physical Activity
Getting out of the house in the fresh air is key to balance right now (with social distancing). You don’t need a gym to stay active. My son and I have come up with some fun, innovative activities using what we have around the house to enhance our physical activity:
- “French Open” – Hitting tennis balls or volleyballs over trashcans in your driveway, backyard or street (if it’s safe)
- “Tour De France” – Cycle around the neighborhood (with proper social distancing and/or face mask)
- Every day we’ve been putting in 4-5 sets of 15 reps each:
- Step backs
- Squats (You can use your body weight, or hold something heavy – I’ve held my dog)
- Curl containers of Milk
- Sit-ups (targeting low and high abs)
- End with a 2-minute plank
Free Coaching Clinic Webinars
BSN SPORTS has turned their coaching clinics into virtual webinars, so coaches can attend from the comfort and safety of their homes. These coaching clinic webinars are hosted by Olympic Gold Medalists, former professional players and coaches. The webinar topics range from speed and strength, softball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, basketball, track and lacrosse and wrestling. Check out the schedule and RSVP to upcoming webinars here.
BSN SPORTS Women
At BSN SPORTS, we realized there was a clear need to elevate women’s sports at all levels.
From providing more support to coaches of female athletes, to connecting women working in the sports industry, we’re committed to doing our part. Because of this, we’ve made it a priority to uplift and empower women in sports through our key partnerships, programs and content.
Learn more about the other BSN SPORTS women’s initiatives here.
BSN SPORTS Customer Service Hotline
If we can help you in any way during this difficult time, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your local Sales Pro, or our Customer Service hotline, 1-800-856-3488.